Use With Weatherproof Light Fixture Enclosures
Read All Instructions Completely Before Beginning Installation.
CAUTION: TO PREVENT INJURY FROM ELECTRICAL SHOCK AND POSSIBLE RISK OF DEATH, POWER MUST BE TURNED OFF AT THE MAIN CIRCUIT BREAKER OR AT THE MAIN FUSE BOX BEFORE INSTALLING PHOTOCONTROL.
Use only U. L. Listed wire connectors (not included). All metal strands of wires MUST be completely inside wire connectors. Wrap electrical tape in multiple layers to further secure the connections.
- Connect the red wire from the Photo Control to the black wire of the light fixture.
- Connect black wire from the Photo Control to the black (hot power supply) wire.
- Connect all of the white wires (neutral) together.
- The body of control must be screwed to weatherproof electrical enclosure. Make sure photocell is directed towards natural sunlight and away from any reflected or artificial light. Screw the silver color die-cast metallic nut with black gasket tight enough to make a weatherproof seal. If the surface is uneven, apply RTV silicone rubber outdoor sealing compound before installing photocontrol.
- Turn power on. Photo Eye has up to 2-minutes delay when turning the power On/Off.
1. If lamp cycles On/Off during the day, check that photo control black and red wire connections are not reversed.
2. If lamp cycles during night then somehow reflected light is falling on photocell. Change look-out direction of photocell towards natural sunlight. If not possible then use black electrical tape to partially obstruct the sensor to limit reflected light from entering the photocell.
3. If lamp does not turn On during night time then red and black wires of photo control are connected wrong. In this case photocontrol is DESTROYED due to wrong wiring connections and MUST NOT be returned back.
4. If photo control was ever connected to 208V or higher voltage, it cannot be used for 120V application anymore.
5. Photo control will not work with 12V/24V low voltage landscape lights.
Note: For any question, please contact us at Service@touchandglow.com